Mass advertising and messaging are losing both credibility and effectiveness for a variety of reasons. With that in mind here are six reasons it’s of key importance to customize your communications to help you get Mind Capture with your marketing messages:
1. The ability to niche market messages is becoming much easier to pull off.
2. The customer of today is becoming more and more resistant to mass-messaging due to time shifting and new tools created specifically to filter out ads – think TIVO, podcasts, YouTube, etc.
3. People are burned out and even offended by marketers that are woefully still trying to cram a square message into a round hole.
4. In the age of free content, information, and a sea of competing choices, people’s expectations and appetite for customized solutions are quickly becoming the norm.
5. If you don’t differentiate and add value – perceived or real – then you risk losing profit margins and move into the realm of becoming a commodity in your marketplace.
6. In a tightening economy, people are more price sensitive, pickier, and often wait longer to make decisions in the selection process.
Marketing legend Dan Kennedy describes the marketing process with the following simple, yet brilliant statement:
Marketing is getting the right message to the right people via the right media and methods.