Fire Up the Plane the Trailblazers Tour Starts Next Month
I’m delighted to share that I will be hitting the road this Fall and into most of 2019 for the Trailblazers speaking tour. We recently announced the initial round of 20+ cities selected. Many have been confirmed and more will be locking in dates the next few months to coincide with the book, Trailblazers: Leadership Lessons from 12 Pioneers Who Beat the Odds & Influenced Millions, which release on 9/4/18 with publisher Morgan James.
Yes, I’ve gotten some interesting initial feedback when mentioning to people the new book tour ranging from:
“That’s a LOT of cities.”
“Wow, how do you do it?”
“When do you sleep?”
“Don’t you get sick of airports and being away from your family and friends?”
I mention this as it’s fascinating to me.
Here are a few observations that I will share with you about the process of a book launch and a full-scale supporting tour, that most people rarely see in an age of social media and 9-second attention spans.
- When you set a BIG and unique goal, you will always get a wide range of opinions
- Finding your passion will compel you to do things that are often far outside your comfort zone
- You will lose people on this new part of the journey and new people will enter into your life that you could not have even foreseen
- You will be misunderstood by many people as many see your work as scary, selfish and definitely not normal
- At the end of the day, if you truly believe in your passion, message, and dream you will overlook the naysayers and critics -both public and private- and relentlessly pursue the goal and mission on both good days and challenging days
- You must have a great team assisting you as it takes a lot of focus and discipline to stay the course as booking this many cities is the equivalent of mentally running air-traffic control with 100’s of planes circling to land on a busy runway (calendar)
- Yes, it takes a lot of coffee, prayer, faith in God, working on weekends, late nights, and telling people “no” without burning a bridge or making them feel unimportant as you simply do not have any more to give or risk unneeded distraction
So, as we prepare to hit the road again in a couple of weeks, I thank YOU again for your support of the Mind Capture mission the past 13+ years, and more importantly, the gifts of your time and attention.
As a person who has been on tours like this, one of the unnerving parts of the experience is waking up in a strange hotel room and the first thought that rolls through your sleepy head is, “Where am I?” As your mind slowly begins to function you realize, you’re on a tour. But, what city am I in? Let’s see, this is Wednesday so, I must be in St Louis. Freaky way to start your day.
Tony, I am so proud of you, your dedication to sharing how great each of us can be if we only have faith and follow our dreams.
You are truly my inspiration, I have taken big leaps in my life but with encouragement from you, I am on the biggest one yet!
Keep up the good work my friend, so very proud.
With faith anything is possible, and with coffee, you can see clearly through the fog and with family and friends you know you are loved.
Thank you Kathleen~!