How the World Sees You, by Sally Hogshead. This NY Times bestselling book’s central message is that by discovering our strengths and uniqueness we can better influence and impress others as to our talents. In addition, Sally makes the case that you must be able to grab the attention of someone within 9-seconds to keep them engaged and listening. Her research is engaging and based on the amount of work she’s done on the topic, it has much more proof and credibility than the typical business book.
Under the Cover
In How the World Sees You, Sally also reveals:
- Why each of us have a responsibility to get our message out to the world
- The power of creating a personal anthem to use when communicating with others
- Why most messages are often ignored
- The three archenemies to getting attention and how to overcome them
- Why is it important to find and develop your archetype
- The 7 Fascination Advantages and why they are important to understand
Here’s a great quote from page 348 of Sally’s book:
“Brands understand the importance of telling a big story in a small sound bite. In a distracted, competitive, and commoditized world, people don’t have time to read a wordy letter or sit through a drawn-out presentation.”
About the author: Sally Hogshead rose to the top of the advertising profession, writing ads that were seen by millions of consumers. Her previous book, Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation, has been translated in over a dozen languages. The science of Fascination is based on her research with 250,000 initial participants, including dozens of Fortune 500 teams, hundreds of small businesses, and over a thousand C-level executives. She frequently appears in national media including NBC’s Today show and the New York Times.
Discover how the world sees you, take Sally’s Personality Test!