The Story of You and How to Create a New One by Steve Chandler. Okay, I’ll admit it: I’m a Steve Chandler junkie. Anything he writes, I devour. I may try to resist his writing, but it always pulls me in, and captures both my mind and heart. With my disclosure out of the way, let’s dive into this book and why it’s worth checking out.
Chandler is a master storyteller drawing from not only his life experiences in the book but also his observations about life and success from such notables as Elvis Presley, Van Gogh, to Mark Twain and the biblical character Lazarus. This should give you a clue that his range of knowledge and perspective is impressive.
Under the Cover
In this wonderful book Steve also shares:
- How many of the stories we tell ourselves are holding us hostage and stuck in a rut
- The power of learning and growth to a happier and more fulfilling life
- Dealing with the negative voice in our head that creates doubt and inaction
- How to get unstuck from a rut by asking better questions and taking massive action
- Why enthusiasm is essential to getting more done and attracting better opportunities
- Why experience is and life experience are of value in a world driven by instant gratification
- How people become attached to victim stories and how to overcome them with focus, energy, and a forward looking plan
Here’s a great quote from page 58:
“People love to be inspired. In fact, they wake up every day secretly, subconsciously yearning to be inspired by someone.”
– Steve Chandler
About the author: Steve Chandler is the bestselling author of numerous books including Reinventing Yourself and 9 Lies That Are Holding Your Business Back. He is also a national speaker, life coach and consultant with many Fortune 500 clients. For more information visit: www.SteveChandler.com.