The Compound Effect – Multiplying Your Success One Simple Step at a Time by Darren Hardy. I was fortunate to interview Darren a few years ago when this book first released. I read a lot, and often go back to several great books time and time again for not only enjoyment, but also to reinforce what I know and to also discover new wisdom. This book fits that category.
In the book Hardy lays out the argument that success is a built on several solid principles combined with good old fashioned work. Thank goodness! A book built on fact and not ‘get-rich’ hype that is sadly so pervasive in today’s instant gratification world.
What you will quickly pick up as you absorb the pages of this book with pen and yellow highlighter in hand is that Darren does not mince words. His style is direct, concise and to the point. How refreshing. I felt like I was reading the words from a kindred spirit as I’m often told the same thing about my own writing style and live speaking programs. This book spoke to me as it’s based on a track record of achievement, and not theory.
Under to Cover
In Darren’s great book you will discover:
- What the Compound Effect is and how top achievers employ it to get and stay ahead
- How your daily habits over time either make or break your chances at success
- The surprising formula for getting lucky that successful people practice on a daily basis
- Common mistakes people and businesses make with money and how to avoid them
- The power of goals and having a strong ‘why’ to keep you motivated
- Using momentum to help you achieve and accomplish more than you thought possible
One of my favorite quotes from Darren Hardy’s book is spot-on!.
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
― Darren Hardy,