Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. There are certain books that become classics and I believe for one main reason: they connect at a deep level with the human spirit and transcend time. Not only does this book do it, but it’s also loaded with countless examples of those who’ve applied its teachings successfully. Few books can stake that type of claim and long-lasting impact on multiple generations.
I’ve mentioned this book many times over the years and have written many articles about its significance and influence on not only my own life, but those I associate and network with. I bring it up again now as we approach 2017 as it’s not only loaded with great advice, but it’s also the perfect book to kick off the New Year.
Under the Cover
This book is also an annual must read for me because it looks at the highs and lows of life and the many lessons we can pick up if we bring an open mind. Here are a few more tips and insights covered in this landmark 1937 release:
- Why having a definiteness of purpose is vital to long-term success
- The power of the mastermind and those we spend our time with on a consistent basis
- Why persistence is a trait of ALL high achievers
- Effective ways to deal with adversity and temporary setback
- The power of programming the mind with the proper beliefs
- How to handle the six ghosts of fear
Here’s a great quote from this classic:
“When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.”
~ Napoleon Hill