Thick Face, Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu. Not only is the title of this book excellent, the message contained within it is even better. I picked up this book many years back based on a recommendation and I’m glad I did. Not only is this a book full of wisdom, but as the title indicates, a lot of attitude! Not only is the author well versed in business, her knowledge of the Asian way of doing business offers up a variety of unique strategies anyone can use to grow and expand their business.
Under the Cover
She looks at a variety of topics including:
- How to press on when you encounter adversity or deception
- How to break the bondage of fear of success and fear of failure
- Winning through negative thinking
- Sixteen noble attributes of work
- Thriving among the cunning and the ruthless
- How the piranha eats the shark
While the book may be direct, and, in your face, its message is needed even more in a complex world where getting things done can often be a challenge.
Here’s a great quote from the book on page 39:
“Every time we accomplish something and move ahead, we have to exchange the known conditions of our life for uncertainty and unfamiliarity.”
– Chin-Ning Chu