How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling by Frank Bettger. Originally written in 1947 this classic book still stands the test of time. What I enjoyed about the book the most is that it’s real, and holds many nuggets of wisdom that are still extremely relevant today.
I’ve been saying for years that we’re all in sales. With that thought in mind, it is essential to study, practice, and get good at this vital skill. One of the best ways to achieve this is by reading and applying wisdom from the top books on the subject. This classic is a non-negotiable for anyone aspiring to become better in the industry or profession.
Under the Cover
Some of the areas Bettger explores include:
- Why enthusiasm is vital to success
- How to conquer fear and call reluctance
- Proven ways to win over skeptical prospects
- Why listening is the forgotten art in sales
- The Seven Golden Rules for closing a sale
- Wisdom from Ben Franklin that applies to selling
Here’s one of my favorite quotes about the book from the late Dale Carnegie:
“The most helpful and inspirational book on salesmanship that I have ever read.”
– Dale Carnegie